Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

babyloxx
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor

It didn't work for me. I followed your instructions but the settings on the memopad and tasks were already custom/custom/allow. What else can I do? I can't make or receive calls. The error message keeps popping up. Tried ALT + LGLG. Nada. 

Please help. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help out. 

PS: It's a Curve 8900.

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

babyloxx wrote:

It didn't work for me. I followed your instructions but the settings on the memopad and tasks were already custom/custom/allow. What else can I do? I can't make or receive calls. The error message keeps popping up. Tried ALT + LGLG. Nada. 

Please help. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help out. 

PS: It's a Curve 8900.

Hi babyloxx and welcome to the forums!

Did you try the answer as recommended by the KB?

Cause: The issue occurs when the MemoPad and Tasks applications are not found on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Workaround:  To workaround the issue, the MemoPad and Tasks applications will need to be reinstalled onto the BlackBerry smartphone.

(First make sure you get a full backup of your device!)

Thanks.

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

aaditsheth
My Device: 8520 curve

hi,

i tried what you said & its the same settings already ... but still the same error is commin..

PLEASE HELP :smileysad:

bethanyjane
My Device: Curve 8520

did you ever find a solution to your problem? I have followed the instructions given by others but i am still getting the uncaught exception message!

New Contributor
Mike_057

I followed the method exactly as instructed but my phone is still not working well in order
New Contributor
Mike_057

I followed the instructions step-by-step but my phone is still not working

I really need help!
New Contributor
Pakama92
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

I tried the instuctions mentioned above but it still returns the error. Worse part is that I can't even make calls or check my airtime balance. Please help us people.
Rossie
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

I have exactly the same problem an tried what u said but my phone is still not working? Please help!
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I just checked the Knowledge base article and the one I originally posted hasn't been updated.  KB25846    Last Modified: 12-15-2011.

I'd suggest the following:

1) Do a full backup of the device using the Blackberry desktop software. Make sure the backup completes successfully.

2) Check your device to make sure that you don't have Content protection enabled .

3) Reboot your device using "safe mode" it will load only the core Blackberry OS and prevent any third party APS from starting. You might be able to get the device stable and isolate a problem with an app. 

4) Wipe the device using the procedure below making sure you use the "reset to factory default option."    

5) Download a new copy (or the latest version) and install the BlackBerry device OS

into the Blackberry desktop software and reload the device OS. Do not reload Any 3rd party applications from your backup, do a fresh install of everything.  Give the device a couple of days before reloading your personal data, make sure its stable.

I have attached the articles you will need please be sure to let us know if you need any help.

Good Luck!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB11963 How to change the setting for Content Protection on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB04510. To install the BlackBerry Device Software using the application loader tool

KB18998 How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Blackberry Support software Downloads and documentation

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
mohWilla4
My Device: blackberry 8520

Hello

@Bifocals, I still get the messages even after I followed all the steps you mentioned above. What could be the problem?
I'm using blackberry 8520