Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8530
Accepted Solution

Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7c802477365c3985)timeout

Hello everybody, 

since last weekend I am experiencing a problem with my BB Curve 8520. I am not sure what caused it but I remember it started when I turned on the phone after coming out from the metro station because my WhatsApp was not functioning. (Actually WhatsApp and Leo dictionary app never function after I come out from a place where there is no network, so I have to turn off the phone, take the battery out and turn it on again).

So, this time when I turned the phone on again it started to give me the message "uncaught exception index 4>=4" and afterwards this msg appeared "Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7c802477365c3985)timeout" and I couldnt send msg via Whatsapp. I said it may have occured some problem so I did it again.  The messages kept appearing and at one moment it freezed and couldnt do nothing.

The next day I realized that I couldnt make calls nor receive one. I couldnt even access the call log book but I could receive normal SMS.

The situation remains the same till now: I keep receiving the message "Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7c802477365c3985)timeout", I cannot make nor receive calls, cannot access the call log book, WhatsApp is sometime functioning ok sometimes I cannot receive or send msg but I can receive SMS.

I have tried the safe mode and also to reboot it while it's on but nothing changes. Once I deleted WhatsApp but the msg kept appearing.

My opinion is that the problem is WhatsApp but I couldnt find it in the Event log (Information) (with alt + lglg). I would really appreciate f somebody could give me some advice what to do.  

Thank you in advance!

Regards, 
Mi 

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7c802477365c3985)timeout

Hi Miluth,

Welcome,

When this Error message appear Reinstalling of Memo Pad and Task application solves the problem,Have a look at this Article of KB KB25846. See if it resolves your problem Otherwise Please Connect your device to the Blackberry Desktop software and perform a full backup of your device ,After making Backup Reload your Device OS Here is how to perform a clean reload for windows KB11320 .

Try it and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8530

Hello prince2012,

thank you for your advice!

I reloaded Device OS after the first attempt to reinstall the Memo Pad and Task apps resulted unseccessful. 

Now the phone works perfectly.

Thank you again!

Greetings,

Miluth

My Device: 8520

please can someone help me with this problem :smileysad: i've done everything in the above post and my phone is still not working, i've got an appointment with my local o2 shop later but if they cant fix it, then they will have to send it off which i will not be happy with

Elite II

Hi Sparkiee,

Welcome to the Community,

Can you explain what steps you had performed and if done is there errors you recieved .HGave you tried to reload your OS

Prince

Contributor

Helppp! :'( Im having the same problem. Can i just only wipe the installed applications? Do you think that will solve the problem? :smileysad:

Elite II

tineebeyb wrote:

Helppp! :'( Im having the same problem. Can i just only wipe the installed applications? Do you think that will solve the problem? :smileysad:

Hi tineebeyb

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

An OS reload is much better then just wiping our application or our device ,So just do a backup of your device and perform a Clean OS reload , but please note after reloading don't restore any unwanted applications from your backup use a selective restore i;e: first restore your Contact and calander entries if error doesn't appear you can install a fresh copy of each application from BlackBerry World. . 

Try it and let is know .

Contributor

How to back it up? 

Elite II

tineebeyb wrote:

How to back it up? 

Hi tineebeyb

Go through this Article regarding Backup How To Backup Your BlackBerry  .

If your device has problem you may need to start your device in Safe Mode and try to do a backup if needed .

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

( Please note if our device encounter some serious issue then you may not be able to boot your device in safe mode and do a backup )

Contributor

Hi! I delete some apps and i restart it. after i restart something appears. The app error 523. then reset. After i reset it, it poip up again! :smileysad: