Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

hdog
My Device: Not Specified

Uncaught exception:DSSMa:INvalid State(5):19

Anybody out there able to translate this to me in english and perhaps i can fix it. My problem is i cannot enter my messages or even start to text message it keeps popping up with this window??????
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kayla

Re: Uncaught exception:DSSMa:INvalid State(5):19

I just received the same error message and became frustrated because I could not access any programs involving e-mail!
I tried powering off and on several times to no avail.Then Idecided to search for the error message but there is no table of error messges.
Then I used the basic computer theory of rebooting,but powering off and on did not work so here is the fix:
Power off the device
Take off the back cover
Remove and replace the battery (loke a reboot for a smart phone)
Replace the cover
Power back on
Darn if it got rid of the error message and
I can access my e-mails again!
Hope this works for you.
Susan
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
briguy4u8

I started receiving this out of nowhere last night after I had rebooted the blackberry by taking out the battery and restarting it.  Everytime I would do this, it still would pop up as it became ready to use again.  So that method hasn't worked yet.  I noticed that the messages file will pull up old messages for each message I receive, and I can't do anything with the old messages.  I did notice that if I go under search on this screen, and do a search of all types of messages it will pull all my new messages up on a new screen where I can check them, but as soon as I close that screen, it goes back to the origional page with all my old messages.  Emails are still accessible in their icons, as well as myspace, but facebook will no longer receive messages unless I do the search option.  

I am going to look on the blackberry web page and see if I can find any suggestions.  My thought now is to hook the blackberry up to a computer and reload the blackberry completely.   Any suggestions? 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
BBerryDragon

It would appear based on the error that there maybe data that is causing the message to occur.  I found the article below which provides a couple of the available options:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10859

Please use plain text.
Busy_B

[ Edited ]

Thanks! This worked for me :smileyhappy:

Kayla wrote:
I just received the same error message and became frustrated because I could not access any programs involving e-mail!
I tried powering off and on several times to no avail.Then Idecided to search for the error message but there is no table of error messges.
Then I used the basic computer theory of rebooting,but powering off and on did not work so here is the fix:
Power off the device
Take off the back cover
Remove and replace the battery (loke a reboot for a smart phone)
Replace the cover
Power back on
Darn if it got rid of the error message and
I can access my e-mails again!
Hope this works for you.
Susan
Message Edited by Busy_B on 08-12-2009 01:52 PM
Please use plain text.
twalter
My Device: curve8520
My Carrier: Digicel

just like the others said.

remove and replace your battery and this action will reboot your phone.

it worked for me

Please use plain text.