Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
EViegas
My Device: blackberry 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Uncaught exception:Missing resource net.rim.device.apps.internal.bis.resource.BISClient

Hi,

I got a new Blackberry, the 9360, not over 24hours and i got this error ''Uncaught exception:Missing resource net.rim.device.apps.internal.bis.resource.BISClient''

i dont know how to deal with it, but i get this everytime i reboot the device.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Uncaught exception:Missing resource net.rim.device.apps.internal.bis.resource.BISClient

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There are steps you could take to attempt to fix this, mainly reloading your device OS from scratch. But, honestly, with a brand new device, I'd first go back to the seller and make them fix it. (Assuming, of course, the seller was an authorized reseller with full support for you.)

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EViegas

Re: Uncaught exception:Missing resource net.rim.device.apps.internal.bis.resource.BISClient

Hi,

After a long night of trying to find the origin of this problem, i finally found it!
The source of this error ''Uncaught exception:Missing resource net.rim.device.apps.internal.bis.resource.BISClient''  is on the European Portuguese language pack (i dont know if other packs result on same error).
I dont get it if i work with it in english therefore, since im portuguese i would like to have it on my own language.

I would like to know how can this be fixed and  where can i report this problem so RIM  or someone capable can deal with it!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

All of your support remains as I said earlier...your carrier and/or authorized reseller is responsible for all of your formal support and services. You would report your issues to them, and they would have the ability to escalate that into RIM if necessary. The carriers are 100% responsible for the OS packages that they choose to release...RIM releases OS packages only to the carriers, and the carriers decide if they wish to release it to their users, and if they do so then they assume the support responsibility for it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EViegas

Thanks a lot for the help!
I ill do as you said.

Regards 

Please use plain text.
jgomes
My Device: Curve 9360

Dear EViegas, I had exactly the same problem after removing the pack from BrazilianPortuguese kept only the pack of English and European Portuguese.
Having replaced the pack Portuguese of Brazil, the issue is resolved.

I hope you can also solve.

regards,

Espero que consigo também resolva.

Cumprimentos,
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlexandroPestana
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: TMN - PORTUGAL

Thank you very much my friend! After some months waiting for a solution, I installed Brasilian Portuguese language and after the reboot of the bb torch 9810, the error message dissappeared! I had just Portuguese from Portugal and Spanish languages installed. Regards from Madeira Islands, Portugal.
Please use plain text.
luiscarvalho007
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9900
My Carrier: TMN

Boa tarde Alexandro Pestana,
Como sou novato nisto gostava que me ajudasse por favor.
O meu Blackberry 9900 foi-me oferecido por um amigo meu que foi trabalhar para o estrangeiro e ele antes de partir fez um "reset" ao sistema, isto para limpar os seus dados no telemóvel. O que acontece agora é que quando eu mudei a linguagem do inglês (padrão) para português fiquei sempre com a mensagem "Uncaught exception:​Missing resource net.rim.device.apps.internal.bis.resources.BISCliente" e o telemóvel não me lê o cartão SIM.
Muito obrigado
Please use plain text.