Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

JKN
New Contributor
JKN
My Device: Blackberry curve 8900

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

[ Edited ]

Hi

It started with my message folder disappearing, or me deleting it without knowing. I couldnt find it and it ended up on my screen somehow. Now the problem is this message "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException", , and this when I go to the message folder. The message folder is empty and I can send messages, but not recieve them. I see the lille arrow in the corner, meaning im recieving something, but nothing happens... And when i send a text it doesnt show the text as send, the folder is just empty, so it doesnt save draft either.. 
Ive tried reeboting and changing the theme, nothing works. Should i wipe it? cause i dont think i can reinstall os then, bcause i dont have internet on my bb

I read http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Uncaught-exception-java-lang-NullPoin... 
, and guess that I what I am supposed to do? but I do not understand it all. I understand the words, but something like desktop manager and installing the device software, where to find this?! I dont have a USB either, is this really necessary?

Plz help me, im desperate, cause I need to send, recieve and save messages...

- JKN

JKN
New Contributor
JKN

Wiping your BB

Hi

I wrote earlier about my bb showing me this message: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException. I cant recieve textmessages, so I have been searching all day on the internet for solutions like: turning my phone off, taking the battery out while on, and so on. I also read about WIPING your phone. Some says it just deletes all your data while some say the same but that you have to reinstall the OS ??

What is operative system? and my main question: is it possible to wipe my bb so it deletes all and then maybe it works? Or do I HAVE to reinstall the os, cause i cant do that.. i dont have a usb and internet service.

Plz help me :smileyhappy:
Hugs 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Wiping your BB

Security Wipe: Wipes only your personal data, contacts, messages, calendar, preferences, etc., from the device.

Options > Security > Wipe Handheld.

OS Wipe: Completely removes the device operating system (what you call "operative") which is the core software of the device.

You need to do the full OS wipe. You will need to backup your device data first, using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

You will need to use BBSAK or JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
For BBSAK, here is the link: http://bbsak.org/

If you need further help, please ask, and please post IN THIS thread, don't create additional threads on the same issue.

Thanks, and good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JKN
New Contributor
JKN

Thank you, but the problem is that i can reinstall the OS bcause i dont have a usb or internet service. i just use my bb to text and call. but does that mean that security wiping wouldnt help at all?? is there the slightest chance it could get normal ??

ap01
My Device: Bold 9780

I'm getting this same message but it's when I go to used something in my Internet Browser and only after I've gone to close it. I had this problem before and wiped the whole phone and now it's back just days after the wipe. How do I get I fix this?