Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
JohnWheeler
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

Unknown icon on screen

I have acquired a new icon on my Blackberry 9300 Curve screen - a five pointed gold star with a small black dot in the centre. Have no idea what it relates to or why it suddenly appeared. Can't find any outstanding updates to do. Get the impression that my battery use is speeding up as if there is some activity constantly running. Can anyone help please?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Unknown icon on screen

Hello !

Scroll throughout the "Messages" Icon.

May be in between you may find something unread.

Or else scroll it upto the last, where there could be a probability of showing "Device Properties" because of which it must be showing you the ornage coloured notification.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terrysimmons
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I too just now have this gold star on my screen. Had my Torch 9800 on the charger and took it off. It shut off by itself. I restarted it and there was the gold star. Always liked gold stars in school but then I knew what they were for!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terrysimmons

Found it. Blackberry App World trying to get me to buy an app. What a crock of **bleep**!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JohnWheeler

Thanks for the information - which apps folder did you find it in?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charlie0123
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: tesco

I also had this icon and yeah its some sort of BB app found in the 'messages' icon not the text or BBM one! Its also seemed to drain my battery too! Gold star gone now tho!! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terrysimmons

In my Messages folder which I hide.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JohnWheeler

Thanks again - but I must be having a senior moment, I still cannot find the source of this irritant. Behind My Blackberry App World icon I have five folders - My world, Games, Apps, Themes and My Account - and here is nothing obvious in any of these. On my main screen I have my email folder, text messages folder (both of which I use) and blackberry messenger folder which I don't use, and blackberry protect. I think I'll just live with it - or buy an HTC phone instead.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Hello !

Firstly I would request you to scroll down through "Messages" for opening up that  Black Starred Message in it.

The message is been forwarded from BlackBerry RIM for some upgrade.

Not to worry, you always have an option to delete these kind of my messages will not make you prompt any unread noticfication of Yellow Star on your Home screen after that.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charlie0123
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: tesco

Hi,

On your home screen press your trackpad to bring up all your icons, make sure the heading says ALL and not Favorites or frequent, the icon your looking for is an envelope that says messages when you highlight it, click on it and there should be a message there about a BB app. At least thats where i found and got rid of my gold star just the other day!

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.