Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Chezza50
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Unknown icon on screen

I hadn't been into the forum before today but I too found the gold star today so thought I would seek help. Thanks for the advice, gold star is now gone. Cheeky devils!
Please use plain text.
Ixenvay
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9300

I have tried all of these things and still my gold star is there!

Any other tips? I have no message from BB indictating an app or anything :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Ixenvay
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9300

Never mind! I found it! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xenics
My Device: Blackberry 9700 Bold

I have deleted the message... Advanced RAM Optimizer. But the star is still there and my battery is being used up faster. If I restart the phone the message comes back again... Please people help this novice here. Thanking y'all in anticipation.
Please use plain text.
oncetime
My Device: torch 9800

Hi I had it pop up on my torch as well and thanks to one of the posts here I tracked it down in the general messages folder (not txt nor bbm nor your email app for blackberry (as in from outlook) but in the main messages folder which contains all messages be they txt or bb etc and scroll till you find the highlighted(black) message from speed up your phone and delete it. What is scary is that they can spam into my folder without me even going to app world

Please use plain text.
ianwilliams26
My Device: tourch 9800

Johnwheeler sir It is blackberry trying to get you to buy a 1.99 app to speed up your device you dont realy need it thou tbh ! ! ! To get rid of the gold star go to message icon click it and wamm there it is open it then delete the message and the star is gone kk. HOPE this helped you and others plz click like
Please use plain text.
brownguy0727
My Device: curve 9300

I am have the same icon i dont know what is. But my phone works in all an always asking to allow something to get in to one of my apps.

Please use plain text.
brownguy0727
My Device: curve 9300

found it thanks alot
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Makagolla
My Device: Curve 8520

Hello Charlie0123,

Does it go immediately or it takes a while before it disappear after deleting the BB App hiden on messages? I deleted one but the annoying 'star' remains looking at me. It irritates me a lot. Kindly advise! Thank you!

Please use plain text.
LauraDV
My Device: Curve 8520

I have the same problem. I deleted the BB App hiden on messages but the star still remaines. I don't see any other hidden messages. Can someone please help me get rid of this star! Thanks

Please use plain text.