Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

eebeebas
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: Tmobile

Unresponsive keys and blsnk screen

Today, when i grabbed my phone , the screen was blank, and the keyboard unresponsive, the phone was still receiving text messages and phone calls, but did not allow me to answer.  I tried taking the battery out of the phone, and when i did that, a "no battery" symbol appeared, so i then knew that the screen was not damaged.  When I put the battery back in, the screen went blank again.  The battery must be charged, otherwise it would not allow phone calls to come through..... Someone PLEASE help me.....are guessing my keys might be locked or are malfunctioning....

Please use plain text.
nickic1983
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Unresponsive keys and blsnk screen

I am having exactly the same issue, mine completely black screen but when I connect to charge, screen appears so I know it works but the whole keypad is non-functional so I cannot get into it at all.  Was hoping to do a software update this evening but it's not able to do that when I can't get into the handset, unsure what to do :smileysad: Will keep an eye oon this thread incase somebody else has the answer......

Please use plain text.
nickic1983
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Oh!  After no blackberry for two days, I've managed to fix it, I held down the blackberry button for ages and then it prompted and worked!  See if that does it for you....

Please use plain text.
eebeebas
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: Tmobile

I tried this and the buttons work now but the screen is still blank.

Please use plain text.
reanm
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: globe telecom

help! i just had the same problem

Please use plain text.