Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
sweetjen1300
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9310
My Carrier: Boost

Unwanted Application Charges

Hello everyone! I have a Blackberry Curve 9310 through Boost Mobile. I've had it about three months. The first month of service went off without a hitch. Last month,I made a $55 payment the morning of the due date. By midnight the next day,I wasn't able to make calls due to "not enough money in my account to make a call." Of course I was shocked to hear this since just the day before I'd made a payment. I went to my account online with Boost and discovered I'd been charged 1.00 three separate times by some crazy application I wasn't aware I'd even used. I called Boost and explained this to them,and they happily refunded the three dollars back to my account and assured me that I wouldn't be able to access this app again, unknowingly or otherwise. Great...problem solved. No worries.

NOT!!! Yesterday afternoon,I made my next monthly payment which was due,and everything was fine until about 1 AM  when I tried to call my husband on his break at work and was yet again greeted with a male automated voice politely stating that I didn't have enough money to make a call. VERY frustrated and upset I again went to my Boost account online to view my account activity. Lo and behold,there were again three separate 1.00 charges for something called e-commerce! I have NO idea why or how these charges were incurred,because I've been very careful not to mess with any applications I'm not sure about so I DON'T get charged with something I didn't intend to be charged for. My question is this...Is this an issue with Blackberry,or an issue with Boost? I can understand this happening once,but not twice,and exactly the same way it happened last time...esp after rep from Boost told me it wouldn't happen again! It is VERY frustrating to know you've just paid your bill and then are denied phone service because your account is just three dollars short for reasons you had no idea about!! Has anyone else had this problem with their Blackberry,and if so how did you resolve it? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

~ Jen ~
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unwanted Application Charges

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I think your issue is with Boost rather than BlackBerry. But, actually, it doesn't matter. Formal support for the issue, regardless of which is "at fault", is obtained the same way -- by contacting Boost. If they are at fault, they deal with it. If there is a need for BlackBerry to be involved, then Boost escalates you up to BlackBerry. Per your support contract, you cannot bypass Boost to seek help directly from BlackBerry...only via escalation from Boost to BlackBerry (via the formal methods that only they have) can you receive formal attention from BlackBerry (if such is required).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.