06-07-2011 08:38 AM
I was in the middle of updating the email application as recommended- did nothing but system froze for hours and wouldnt reboot. Removed battery and on reboot i get to a Blackberry Platfrom 22.214.171.124 screen with a list of my applications etc, but when I click on any I get a range of messages like "Error starting net_rim_bb_options app: Module net_rim_bis_lib not found. Cant do anything else? so what next? (And i cant turn it off!)
06-07-2011 08:40 AM
so what next?
Reloading the OS I'm afraid
This what I did to completely wipe my BB. I wrote this before starting and printed it off.
If your device is functioning, perform a backup now if you haven't already done so saving the file to a place and in a name that you can easily locate on computer.
I then uninstalled DTM and then deleted all other references to BB/Rim in Windows Explorer thus removing the OS for the BB from the computer in order to ensure that the version I would reinstall would be a brand new downloaded version.
Get the latest Desk Top Software (DTS)
and install it on the computer.
Get the correct latest version of the OS
and save it to computer.
If the PC does not recognize the BB, You need to connect the via the USB cable. Then pull the battery from the BB.
With the battery pulled, connect the BlackBerry to the USB connector and as SOON as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN hit Next. You have to be quick. From there you can put the battery back in (make sure you install the battery or else when the OS update is completing and the device disconnects from the computer to reboot, it will lose the power provided by the USB connection and you will get an error and have to do it all over again!).
If you don't get it right the first time, try again (unplug from USB, pull battery, connect and hit Next while USB-PIN:Unknown is showing). You have to be fast and the timing is key, so it may take you three or four attempts.
To erase all the data on your BlackBerry device, complete the following steps.
1) Download JL_Cmder from http://www.4shared.com/get/oqP9V-2Q/JL_Cmder_v19.h
2) Install JL_Cmder to computer.
3) Double check you have already backed-up the BB. If you DO NOT, you will lose ALL data.
4) Make sure the DTS is closed and plug in the BB to computer via USB
5) Go to the JL_Cmder on your computer and double click it to start. Now,this may take a few tries to connect, so keep trying until it does.
6) On the first screen, Press any key to continue.
7) Now, if your device uses a password, enter it now. If not, press "N"
8) Press 4 to initiate the WIPE
9) Press "Y" to continue
10) Now type "blackberry" to continue
11) On the BB you will see a white screen with a'507' Error. Don't worry, this is what you want! You are now ready to install the OS.
Launch the new Desk Top Software on the computer
1). On the home screen of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Update my device.
2). Click View Other Versions. Click the version of the new OS you previously downloaded.
3). Click Install. The DTM will install the OS and then provide you with a list of applications to install. If you have had difficulties with an app, do not install it.
Do not disconnect the device until the whole process is completed and the device has rebooted.
After 10 minutes reboot again by removing the battery whilst powered-on and leave it out for a couple of minutes.
Leave it again for 10 minutes. You should now have a fully functioning BB!