Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

othrilis
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Update

Since updating my device, my calendar has been wiped. Is there any way to recover this information? or a number I can call to speak to a real person please?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Update

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Depending on how you performed that update, there may be a source from which to restore your data...

If you did the update on the device (over the air), then there is no data source -- that update method takes an on-device backup of your data from which it restores after the update completes. But, if anything goes wrong, that backup file is lost forever.

If you used your computer and the Desktop Software to do this update, then there may be a backup file from which to restore. When you do update, it normally offers to take a backup -- if you did not defeat that, then it would have created a backup file on your computer. Search your entire hard drive for files with BBB and IPD extensions...the most recent would be your best candidates to use as the source to restore from:

• KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

If you at some prior time used this FREE Desktop Software to take a backup to your computer, then you would have that as source of restore (from whatever date/time you took that backup, of course).

If you activated and were using the FREE BB Protect app to backup your data to the cloud, then that is available as a source of restore.

If you were synchronizing with a desktop app (e.g., Outlook), then you would have that as a source of restore.

There are many FREE methods to protect the priceless data on a BB, but it is incumbent on the user to take advantage of them so as to protect that data. Otherwise, one migrates from the latter to the former in this old saying:

• There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will

Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity.

othrilis wrote:

or a number I can call to speak to a real person please?

Of course! That would be your contractually required formal support channel, which is normally your original place of purchase, your mobile service provider, or an authorized service center -- it varies by region, so I can't tell you which applies to you. You would need to check your original purchase documentation to discover the exact method of support available to you. But, you cannot (for free) bypass that contractually required formal support channel...if you need help from RIM (for instance), you must be escalated from your formal channel...you cannot bypass them (for free).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.