Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
brookslively
My Device: 8900

Updated software on phone, now several programs are not working

[ Edited ]
I have an issue that I haven't been able to solve myself.  My wife and I both have the 8900 curve and for the last couple of days the internet was not working on my wifes phone.  Yesterday I plugged it into the computer and opened up blackberry desktop manager and it said there were several updates that needed to take place and I went ahead with all of them.  This fixed the internet problem on her phone.  It now works great.  So I also plugged my phone in and installed several updates that my phone needed.  Later, we realized several programs on her phone are not working such as Windows live messenger, blackberry app world, and we aren't able to talk to eachother on blackberry messenger.  I can recieve a friend request from her but nothing gets sent back from my phone.  This may be an issue with my phone also.   I've tried uninstalling all the programs on both our phones that don't seem to be working and reinstalled them and nothing has changed.  All of these programs worked previously on her phone except for internet browsing as stated above.  Windows live messenger and app world are working fine on my phone.  I can't seem to figure out what the difference is and why her phone isn't working and mine is.  Thanks for any help.
Message Edited by brookslively on 09-02-2009 09:08 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brookslively

Re: Updated software on phone, now several programs are not working

I thought I would add a few things...  These are the errors we're seeing on her phone

Windows Live Messenger - "Service not enabled for this handheld"

Blackberry App World -  "Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World.  Contact your service provider for more details."

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

What are both of your signal indicators at the top right of the homescreen? EDGE? or edge?

From your device, can you send your wife a PIN message? Open the Messages screen > Compose PIN. Does she get it? Can she PIN you back?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brookslively

Thanks for replying so promptly.  Both of our phones have EDGE with all caps.  Also, My wife can pin message my phone but she did not recieve my pin message.  Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

First off, I would this on her device:

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot

If none of that works... call your carrier. Make CERTAIN that the BlackBerry Data Plan is STILL on the account for her device.

Sometimes things get screwed up on their accounts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brookslively

[ Edited ]
It doesn't seem like any of those suggestions worked.  Thanks again for your help.  I'll give T-Mobile a call tonight and see what they have to say.
Message Edited by brookslively on 09-02-2009 10:02 AM
Please use plain text.