Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Tommi55B
My Device: Curve 8530

Updates and Comms problems

The Blackberry Curve 8530, with an Otterbox case to ruggedize it is about the best communications gadget ever built.

Serious, it's like a futuristic Captain Kirk/Star Wars do-all, be-all, end-all machine; I love it.

However, I do not like the fact that after my very first update over a year ago, I lost the function of the  'Word to go' app, as well as the 'slideshow to go' app.

I figured that it's again time I got around to fixing the problem, but each time I attempt to contact the Blackberry people, its like chasing ghosts; I view social media such as Facebook and Twitter as invasions of privacy and time-consuming nuisances; emails and texts are much more important to me.

It irritates me to no end that there seems to be no email contact for Blackberry users; its as if RIM makes the product, then lets social media outlets look after their customer service. [Perhaps that's why RIM stock has had a rough time.]

If anyone can advise me on how to contact an actual help-person at RIM, please let me know.

Thanks very much.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Updates and Comms problems

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Your point of contact for your BlackBerry device is through your carrier, in your case, Koodo. They should be able to help you themselves, or they can escalate the call to RIM if they are unable to resolve the issue on their end.

That said, it sounds to me like the Documents To Go app wasn't included when you upgraded your device software before. One way to get it back is to do the following:

Start by ensuring you have the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on your computer. If you need to install it, you can download it from http://blackberry.com/desktop. Now, go to https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=094366EAA7A4B5D7F9ED227F212B... and download the OS for your Curve 8530 from there (this link is for the most recent OS version, 5.0.0.973).

Run the file to install the OS to your computer. Once the OS has been installed, open the BlackBerry Desktop Software and backup the data on your phone (always a good practice before making any changes).

Next, click on the Applications tab on the left of the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Once the Desktop Software has read the applications on your BlackBerry, find the Documents to Go app in the list, and click on the + sign to the right. Next, click Apply.

This will install the Documents to Go app to your BlackBerry and you should be back up and running!

I hope that info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.