Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 9360

Updating Curve 9360 to OS 7.1

Hi,

I am having issues updating to OS 7.1 with my Curve 9360. Using the over-the-air-Update doesn't work, I keep getting the message that I can't connect to the update-server, even though I am connected to wi-fi; the 3G-, Blackberry- and Connection-Symbols appear as well. And the BlackBerry Desktop Software tells me that my device has the 7.0 OS, but says there are no updates available.

Can you help me out? I bought a BlackBerry because of the 7.1 OS pretty much...

Thanks,

Jesse

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Updating Curve 9360 to OS 7.1

Hello jbenjamin

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Personally I never suggest doing an Over the Air device software update .

If you're having problem updating your device software then try a manual update which is more convient and safe , to do that follow those simple steps , but before that be sure you don't have any BlackBerry OS packages installed on that PC, if you have it then remove it .then :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. On your PC  go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path  will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) Double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.