Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
BCord
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: ATT

Updating process frozen

Hello, All!

Today I wiped clean my Contact file on my 9360 Curve because I wanted to start fresh with a clean list of contacts from Outlook. That seemed to go fine. But then on using the BB Desktop Manger to upload the new contacts and sync the phone with my Outlook file the process went on and on and on. So, I cancelled it. But now the BB Desktop software synchronizing software, specifically "Organizer Data," just keeps resyncing...on and on.

How would you advise I proceed? Can I simply disconnect the phone and then reconnect and start again, that is, sync'ing them again? Any better suggestions?

Thx.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Updating process frozen

Yes, you can disconnect the phone and try again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BCord

Thanks, John...However, now that I've done that my BB isn't connecting to the desktop software. Suggestions how to facilitate that?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Give this a try:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15877
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BCord

I've been fiddling around and finally got them to connect. It involved restarting my PC and reconnecting my BB etc. Messy, but it worked. But I find myself now in an entirely different dilemma...

the desktop software didn't seem to know where the new contacts were to be uploaded. I guess they were originally in a default file on my BB but it didn't see it. So, not sure what to do, I figured I must be wrong and they should go in an ATT file. So I tried that and they seemed to sync. Now, there are no names in my contact folder, where they used to be, and I don't have any idea if there was any syncing going on at all.

FYI, I did get a message that my old default was no longer available (or something like that) which is why I tried the ATT option. Now I know I have to get back to the default after all. AT least that is where I want to have my contacts. Any suggestions how to get my phone to allow that again? Many thanks, John.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BCord

Re: Updating process frozen --CRISIS AVERTED

More fiddling and I ended up resetting my data sync settings and doing another sync and it worked. All's well here.

Thanks, John.

B

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Try this:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19704

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Re: Updating process frozen --CRISIS AVERTED

BCord wrote:

More fiddling and I ended up resetting my data sync settings and doing another sync and it worked. All's well here.

Thanks, John.

B

Excellent!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BCord

Re: Updating process frozen --CRISIS AVERTED--, NO THE CRISIS CONTINUES!!!

A huge surprise to me, when I went back to using my BB, after all that, I discovered that the contacts folder I thought I had "rset" was back, as if I hadn't even attempted to replace it with the contents of my PC's Outlook folder! I mean WHAT??!!!

So, if you're still there, I'm hoping you can give me a step by step approach to clearing my BB contacts folder, once and for all, so I can completely replace it with my Outlook Contacts folder. I know how to do the sync settings (one direction or two, etc.). I guess what I don't know is how to obliterate the **bleep** BB contacts once and for all. Exhausted! Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Re: Updating process frozen --CRISIS AVERTED--, NO THE CRISIS CONTINUES!!!

You can connect the device to BlackBerry Desktop Software and clear/delete individual databases.
Please use plain text.