Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Srobinson6257
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Updating the OS

I have a Curve 8330 and I would like to buy Documents To Go. In the system requirements of the software it says that I need to upgrade to 4.5, but when I go to the Blackberry website to download the new version the URL doesn't come up. Suggestions? Or is there another program which would allow me to upload documents to the Curve using OS 4.3?

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Updating the OS

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The rumor is that the new release OS 4.5 will be released in September. In my opinion I think you should wait for your carrier to release it's "approved version" That will get you Docs to Go with a SUPPORTED version from your carrier.

Keep checking with your carriers blackberry download website. Keep reading this forum as it will be big news when carriers start releasing it!

If this answers your question please resolve the thread by using the options over the Kudo's star!

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
Srobinson6257

Thanks so much - I'll watch and wait. Really appreciate the quick response!
New Contributor
Miker

Has anyone tried

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/08/how-to-upgrade-your-blackberry-software/4/

and click

• Download OS 4.5 for the BlackBerry 8330 and BlackBerry 8130 from MTS Mobility
  • to get the OS4.5 directly from Blackberry 8330-Verizon?

I have Verizon and I know it is best to wait but I still have to itch to update. I BIG MISS by Blackberry not including any way to at least view docs and XL's from the memory.

Regular Contributor
    mandograss
    My Device: 8310 Curve

Check this link and see if it will offer any help for you.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=6977&query.id=1420#M6...

mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !