Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
lizzieh
My Device: 8310 Curve version 4.5

Upgrade to vers 4.5

Since upgrading my 8310 Curve to vers 4.5 my calendar in outlook keeps losing all data.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can prevent it happening again?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Upgrade to vers 4.5

Check how much free space is available in your device. highly likely is that this is occuring as you're facing memory constraints in your device. The Low Memory Manager (LMM) is activated automatically when the available flash memory on the BlackBerry smartphone decreases to less than 400KB. Flash memory is used to store BlackBerry smartphone applications such as Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, MemoPad, and third-party applications.

Perform the following steps -

1. Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.
  2. Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory. To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes
  3. Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete
  4. If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases -

How to qualify low memory situations on the BlackBerry smartphone

How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone

Low memory state according to the File Free field on the Status screen

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lizzieh

Thank you for that Tanzim.  I have deleted unused programmes and now would ask, is there a way to copy my contacts to the media card? 
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Sorry the contacts cannot be moved to the media card.

I remember working with you, are you having memory problems or is there something

else. Did something go wrong with the upgrade?

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You probably need to go further than just deleting unused programs.

More to read and consider:

First thing? Check the File Free at Options > Status, what is the number at File Free? Now, remove the battery of your device, hold a minute, replace and reboot. What is the File Free now?

Read this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/116396-managing-your-bb-memory-lost-ca...

And this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-opt...

Additional links to read:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15345&sliceId=SAL_Pub...
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14320&sliceId=SAL_Pub...
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB14213&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lizzieh

Hello, as per above post it was suggested the reason calendar keeps losing all data in outlook was possibly a memory problem.

Ever since I upgraded to 4.5 os, the calendar in outlook at least once a week, loses all data.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, could be you have low memory, hence my posting those threads to read.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Upgrade to ever 4.5

Hi,

Guess we missed the boat on this. The data in the OUTLOOK calendar goes missing? On random days?

That's new, I hadn't head that one before.

On the PC first delete the intellisync folder:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11703&sliceId=SAL_Pub... 0 214464142

In the desktop software reset your sync options for calendar, notes, etc.

Make sure you set  Conflict resolution to notify you.

This way you can decide the adds and deletes, and you can keep the whole calendar from being deleted.

Get in the habit of doing a battery pull before just before you sync the devices, to make sure your device

has enough free memory for the sync. Let the desktop manager be the only program running on the PC.

Let us know if it happens again.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.