Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve9300

Upgraded and LOST my WIFI

So, unfortunate circumstances for a first post here. I'm afraid my WiFi chip is dead and hoping someone can help me realize it's not.

I have a Curve 9300, purchased back in April with the fabulous OS 5 on it. My husband and I bought matching phones. 

Historically, I've had some WiFi issues here at my house, which could be traced back to a crappy D-Link router. Devices  were being "kicked off" the network when more than two were trying to use it (xBox, phone,  laptop, etc)  It always seemed like my phone had the most trouble staying connected here, but it would always acknowledge that the network was there (it would show up in the list of networks most of the time), and if I went to OTHER houses or public WiFi Hot Spots, I could connect without a problem. About a week ago I upgraded to OS6 (if I had paid better attention to my software update checkboxes, I wouldn't have done it, man I hate OS6) and ever since then, my Curve won't even acknowledge the EXISTENCE of my WiFi network, even after I re-entered all the network information  manually. Thinking it was our (straight-from-hell) router, I bought a new Linksys model and set it up... same problem! Since then I have tried changing every setting, manually entering network data repeatedly, even connecting with the WiFi Protected Setup button, and it's just not working. My husband's Curve, meanwhile, is connecting just fine.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I haven't been out around other networks yet to see if I can still connect to them. I'm going to try in the next two days.

Thanks in advance for any time or consideration.

Solutions: 6,234
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Upgraded and LOST my WIFI

I'd suggest you try downgrading the OS back to v.5

See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve9300

Re: Upgraded and LOST my WIFI

That is a good suggestion. I have the instructions for downgrading back to v5 because I'm miserable with v6 for so many other reasons, this WiFi issue is just the icing on the Very Annoyed Cake.