Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mike_romanowich
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Bell Canada
Accepted Solution

Upgraded to BBM v7.0.1.23 and now receive "you are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate chain is invalid"

BBM v7.0.1.23

BlackBerry 8530

smartphone v5.0.0.459 (platform 4.2.0.201)

recently Upgraded to BBM V7.0.1.23 and now receive repeating message "you are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate chain is invalid"

pulled battery out, still occurs.

I would appreciate your help in resolving.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
tr1xx
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Upgraded to BBM v7.0.1.23 and now receive "you are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate chain is invalid"

[ Edited ]

This has been bugging me for a couple of weeks now, after updating BBM in order to try out BBM Voice

see Knowledgebase article ID KB33968

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=39AB1AF3BC35AC4B221973537775C2C7?...

. . .I tried inserting a shortened link to the URL, but it wasn't permitted.

It seems like a fudge until BB produces a bugfix. I've not tried it myself yet incidentally, but I will later today.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mike_romanowich

Re: Upgraded to BBM v7.0.1.23 and now receive "you are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate chain is invalid"

Thank you for the feedback, I will review the article ID KB33968 and attempt to apply it.  I will report back when I have done so.

I appreciate your help!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EmlkayBeats
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi,

Visit These Sites On Your BB, They Are Certifiacates, Scroll All The Way Down To The Bottom And Click The Button Thing, Then It Will Come Up With Some Other Stuff, All You Need To Press Is 'Trust Certificate' Or Something Simular, This Worked On My BB, And 4 Of My Friends.

1. http://www.tbs-internet.com/thawte/ThawtePCA-SS.crt

2. http://www.tbs-internet.com/thawte/ThawteSSLCA.crt

Hope I Helped!

~Connor

~Connor
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mike_romanowich

Thank you for your help! Article ID KB33968 fixed my problem as I am no longer receiving the message.

Please use plain text.