Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: MTN Ghana
Accepted Solution

User ID

I realised that my user ID is incorrect and want to change it. To top this I had to reset my password and this has been send to a "wrong" e-mail which I can't access.
How do I go about correcting my User ID?

Thanks for any assistance

Jan

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: User ID

Hi janneman021

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

By " User ID "  do you mean the Username or the email that your used for your BlackBerry ID ? 

janneman021 wrote:

I realised that my user ID is incorrect and want to change it. To top this I had to reset my password and this has been send to a "wrong" e-mail which I can't access.

There are many ways to reset our BlackBerry ID password as well as to change or Update the Username or Email password that we use for our BlackBerry ID . However .. If the Username or the Email that we use for your BlackBerry ID is not valid or is not accessible then we are stuck !

You can try calling your Carrier to know if they can help you with this situation , If that fails then there is no other option but you have to create and use a Complete new BlackBerry ID using a valid Email address. Refer to this Knowledge Base for help :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

However .. While doing so , you will loose access to any of your paid apps that you purchased from BlackBerry World .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: MTN Ghana

User ID was Username or the email that your used for your BlackBerry ID
I have done a Security Swipe and it worked perfectly well

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey janneman021

I'm glad you made it .. Enjoy Smiley Happy

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.