Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Lauren1308
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Using my Blackberry Abroad by WIFI only... HELP!

I've been researching this topic and speaking to people from Vodafone customer services and I seem to be getting different answers!

I'm going abroad for 6 month and want to use my Blackberry for WIFI only to avoid any overseas charges. I was planning on turning the mobile network off - this means I won't be able to send/recieve calls, SMS etc. right? Then I was going to leave data services on but off whilst roaming and turn on the WIFI. I did this and tested it out at home and it connected fine. However, I've been told that I need to turn data services off otherwise I will incur charges from GPRS, do they mean data services off and off whilst roaming? Because I did this and tried to connect via WIFI and it didn't work, or do they just mean turn data services off whilst roaming?!

Please use plain text.
tank801
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G
My Carrier: vodacom

Re: Using my Blackberry Abroad by WIFI only... HELP!

im having the same problem. im out in angola and i can connect to the wifi but my bbm does seem to work> please help
Please use plain text.
Georgiia93
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm having the same problem too, did you ever manage to figure it out? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
brianpeters
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: starhub

hi  need real help

have bb bold from singapore, and in manila filippines.  heard 3 different stories from providers :-

want to use wifi, but without data roaming on doesnt do anyhting, cant use internet or bbm.

sometimes it works but it has to have the wifi AND  bb logo showing before it works, with data roaming on

does this mean i am going to get caned with my bill when i get back ?

bb have a wonderful almost nonexistant help system to be able to ask when needed,   first help needed in 3 years of owning bb's and nowehere to ask !   great hey.

any help really appreciated i am here three weeks and need to use my bb.

b

Please use plain text.