Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vfranco78
Accepted Solution

VERY New to Blackberry NEED HELP

Hello all BB experts,

I am new to BB and have some general questions  - I have the 8900 Pearl w/ T Mobile - i am sure someone can answer:

- Where do messages go when i delete them? is there a deleted folder?

- When i sync, is there anyway to do it faster? I have checked under the configuration, "Sync only future items" but everytime i sync, it goes through my entire calendar and contacts - it takes way longer than what i am use to - i had the T Mobile Wing and would use Microsoft Active Sync and that took seconds to find and update items.

thank you so much!!!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,756
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: VERY New to Blackberry NEED HELP

[ Edited ]

vfranco78 wrote:

Hello all BB experts:

- Where do messages go when i delete them? is there a deleted folder?

Nope, no deleted folder on the device. There could be on your email server, but once deleted from the device, deleted is deleted.

vfranco78 wrote:

- When i sync, is there anyway to do it faster? I have checked under the configuration, "Sync only future items" but everytime i sync, it goes through my entire calendar and contacts - it takes way longer than what i am use to - i had the T Mobile Wing and would use Microsoft Active Sync and that took seconds to find and update items.

You can turn off the calendar or tasks that you don't want to be synced, for instance if you never your tasks and memos, turn off that function in the sync configuration.

I can tell you this, Desktop Manager version 5.0 which has not been released yet, is MUCH faster. Zip, done. 

Be patient, I don't know when it will be released, but it will be one day.

Message Edited by JSanders on 06-11-2009 01:47 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vfranco78

thank you JS!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi vfranco78 and welcome to the forums!

This is an introductory thread, problems are solved in the forum that corresponds with your device.

Open the forum look at the top of the screen find the grey bar and click on New Thread.

Use the same title so we know it's you and we can help you there.

OK?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kiwiwade

Sorry, I know its not the answer to original question...

I just don't know how to create a new Thread...sorry!

I just need some's help big time. My 8900 broke the other day and got a new replacement. I have been trying to re-install all my purchased app and for the most part I was able to just re-install them by contacting manufacturer and they sent me the new registration key. But the only one company just flat out told me they can not help and I have to contact Blackberry App world for the solution. Their word was " We hire them to distibute our product and its their responsibility and problem. Sorry we cannot help you".

I don't know how to contact App world as there are no contact info listed anywhere. I hate to pay for the same app that I bought only a few weeks agon AGAIN! Does anyone know 1: How can I contact Blackberry app world? 2: How can I re-install and re-register apps that I've purchased and no longer has key code for!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Sorry, I know its not the answer to original question...

kiwiwade wrote:

I just don't know how to create a new Thread...sorry!

I just need some's help big time. My 8900 broke the other day and got a new replacement. I have been trying to re-install all my purchased app and for the most part I was able to just re-install them by contacting manufacturer and they sent me the new registration key. But the only one company just flat out told me they can not help and I have to contact Blackberry App world for the solution. Their word was " We hire them to distibute our product and its their responsibility and problem. Sorry we cannot help you".

I don't know how to contact App world as there are no contact info listed anywhere. I hate to pay for the same app that I bought only a few weeks agon AGAIN! Does anyone know 1: How can I contact Blackberry app world? 2: How can I re-install and re-register apps that I've purchased and no longer has key code for!

From the AppWorld user manual:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/7268/Re-install_an_item_on_a_different_device_643962_11.js...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kiwiwade

Re: Sorry, I know its not the answer to original question...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!
Please use plain text.