Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Dab1477
My Device: 8330

VM-605 and Voice Dialing from 8330

After 5 months I am suddenly unable to "voice dial" through my speakerphone. I was previously successful in doing so. This was a sudden issue. I have un-paired and re-paired. I have removed the battery from the phone and replaced. I can speak via speakerphone if I select from the contacts list on my phone. To my knowledge, nothing changed to cause the voice dialing to discontinue working via speakerphone. Voice Dialing does work from the phone itself. All other functions of the speakerphone work well. What must I do to have the voice dialing function work with the VM-605 speakerphone?

Trusted Contributor
Sith_Apprentice
My Device: various

Re: VM-605 and Voice Dialing from 8330

What is the error you are getting? I can use mine just fine, i press and hold the device and it activates the voice dialing function on my phone. I speak the name or number and it dials.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
New Contributor
Dab1477
My Device: 8330

Re: VM-605 and Voice Dialing from 8330

There is no error message. When I initially purchased my VM-605, I would press the face, the unit would ask for the number via "say a command". I would speak the name or number I wished to call. The unit would call and I would speak. Now when I do this, I get NO statement "say a command"; my phone goes to Voice Dialing with the "initializing, please wait" statement on the phone. Nothing comes from the VM-605. The phone will continually "initialze, please wait" and will not engage the requested number nor shut off. In order to get out of this "loop" I must hang up the phone. Voice dialing does not work with the VM-605. I must dial from the phone and the VM works upon connection.