Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

BKfiremedic
My Device: Not Specified

VZW 8830 email doesnt work with hotmail?

Hi there, I'm new to the Blackberry thing. Only have had my 8830 for a couple days but love it!! Only one problem. I have a hotmail email account and I cant go into web browsing and get logged into hotmail to check my emails. The guy from the verizon store told me i should be able to have my email forwarded to my Blackberry.net email account if i went into my hotmail account and had it forwarded to the blackberry email. Well that doesnt work, hotmail wont let me forward it there. I absolutely hate the thought of changing my email address that i have had for 15 + years so i can check it through my Blackberry, any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: VZW 8830 email doesnt work with hotmail?

Use the setup wizard on the BlackBerry. Select Email Setup and choose I want to create or add an email address. When the website opens choose to add an email account. Follow the prompts.
Please use plain text.
jw164
My Device: Not Specified

Re: VZW 8830 email doesnt work with hotmail?

I too am a new user and are having problems here.  The "E-Mail Settings" application for my hotmail account appeared to complete successfully and an e-mail icon got created on the screen.  I can send messages from my 8830 through the hotmail account but I do not receive any messages. 

I was able to get to the hotmail web site by starting up the browser application and then changing the browser configuration option of "Emulation Mode" to "MS Pocket IE"

Please use plain text.