Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
hairpile
My Device: Curve 8300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Validate / Set up email problems

Hey guys, new to the support forums. Whilst it's cool that there's plenty of help out here, it worries me slightly that this is a product of a lot of BB problems!

Anyhow, I received an email to my corporate email (from donotreply@blackberry.com) set up on my BB a few days ago asking me to update the password with that email account. After a few tries with the password I thought was correct and it not working, I got our IT to change my password. Still not working...

Then, I decided to delete the email account from my phone and start again and register it as if it were a new email account. Now, after 2/3 mins of trying to set it up, my BB is telling me it's not possible. Is this a BB error, my error, our corporate email server error?!?

Any help would be useful here!

-----------

This is a copy of the email I received;

Update the password for XXXX in the BlackBerry Internet Service! Email messages from XXXX are not being delivered to your BlackBerry device. To resume receiving email messages from this email address, update the password for XXXX in the BlackBerry Internet Service:

1. Open your BlackBerry Internet Service account by completing one of the following actions:

* Click the email setup application on your device.
* Using a browser on your computer, visit the BlackBerry Internet Service web site.

2. Go to the Email Accounts page.
3. Edit XXXX
4. Update the Password field.
5. Click Save.

Email Account Information:
Email Address: XXXX
Email Account Name: XXXX

-- Automatically generated email: Do Not Reply to this email --
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Validate / Set up email problems

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Let me see if I understand...

1) You are on BES

2) You also have (a) personal email account(s) configured via BIS

3) You received that message from BIS telling you to update your password for that personal email account

4) You tried to do so -- but I can't quite tell what exactly you did to try...if you did exactly as the email instructions stated, what exactly happened? Details please..... (Since this is your BIS personal email account, I'm not sure what your internal IT guy could have done for you...)

5) You then deleted the BIS configuration for that personal email account and tried to re-add it. But, your BB told you "it's not possible". Is that the exact error message? Somehow I doubt it...details again please...

Now, if I am incorrect as to item 1 above, then it's likely you are attempting to use your companies OWA via BIS...which might just make more sense...but the resulting steps above don't change...details please.

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
elvis15
My Device: none
My Carrier: Telus

Yup, I think what sdgardne is getting at is that the message is trying to get you to validate your personal email but you're entering your corporate email information instead. These validation emails you receive are only for the personal email accounts (also known as BIS or Blackberry Internet emails) you setup through the email settings application of your phone. Corporate email accounts (also known as BES or Blackberry Enterpise email) do not receive these validation messages.

If you have an email address that gets your calendar from work sync'd to your phone and you have an IT guy to support it (rather than calling into an email provider for help), you have BES/corporate email. It is possible to have personal email on your phone as well as your corporate email, but your issue relates to the personal one.

I'd say the easiest thing to do is talk to your IT guy about what's happening. Don't just say you need your password reset, let him know (and show him if you can) the validation email from Blackberry. If he is a BES Admin handling corporate email for you, he'll know exactly what to do.

Please use plain text.
sc
sc
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Credo

Hello.  I just received the same email message as did this previous user. It was sent to my personal yahoo email address. I do not understand the instructions, actually. I use Blackberry Desktop Manager, but the message mentions nothing about that. The message tells me to go to Blackberry Internet Service and type in my password. I don't know if this is spam, or real. Yahoo has been very funky today in so far as it has been sending spam messages to me from users in my address book. Any help or suggestions???

thanks!

Please use plain text.
TCallagher
My Device: curve9300
My Carrier: orange

Thank goodness I found your message - this did the trick - thanks for sharing:Angel:

Please use plain text.
gemmababyyy
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: orange mobile

hey ive recieved the exact same e-mail on my hotmail e-mail and was just wondering if you had worked out what you needed to do to resolve this problem as im still having no luck ? x

Please use plain text.
lincoln06
My Carrier: Sprint

My e-mail has been interuped and message sent that it has stopped. I estqablished a new log in number and password but syill have no e-mail service coming to my Blackberry. What do I do now?
Please use plain text.
lincoln06

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

lincoln06 wrote:
My e-mail has been interuped and message sent that it has stopped. I estqablished a new log in number and password but syill have no e-mail service coming to my Blackberry. What do I do now?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please expand on exactly what you did...I an not sure of exactly what "new log in number and password" you have created...your BIS credentials? Your BB ID? Your email credentials? Something else? Also, please provide the exact and complete message you were sent...that may as well point us in the correct direction.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
lincoln06

so what do i DO NOW? i HAVE BEEN GETTING E-MAIL ON THISI BLACKBERRY FOR YEARS AND YOU MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RETREIVE AGAIN.
Please use plain text.