Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Very awkward BIS issue

Most of the time this isn't an issue, but it does pop up once in a while. Most carriers usually release the PIN immediately, but in some cases, it can take a couple of weeks to a month. By contacting them, you can speed up the process.

At least you now have an arsenal of tools on how to proceed. All the best of luck and keep us posted on which solution worked, or if you needed to do something else. :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
DanMoody
My Device: 8520 Curve

Yes. I totally understood. Will have to do the same operation on my return. Anyway, I'll keep you guys post it.

Thanks!

Contributor
DanMoody

[ Edited ]

For some reasons I cannot contact Vodafone Spain. I managed to send them an email but I got no answer so far. By phone is more complicated and to be honest, a phone call from here to their tech support would cost as much as the phone itself.

Called to tech support of my local carrier again tho, and he tried to create my BB account again, but still nothing has changed. At the end he said that the problem could be the one you guys pointed at and said that I should contact RIM to unblock my PIN number.

Now here's the catch, I got no partener code and I can't email them. What do I do now? Is calling to tech support vodafone spain the only solution left? 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

End users have no method by which to directly contact RIM for any support (well, not for free anyway). All support issues start with the carriers, who can escalate cases into RIM as needed. So, while what the tech told you may be accurate, they should further have told you HOW to contact RIM.

But, honestly, I doubt that your even doing so will help...RIM does not control the BIS system registration. The carriers control that, and I would think that RIM cannot override what the Spain carrier has done.

So, I think the answer to your final question is yes...contacting the Spain carrier is what must be done.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
DanMoody

Guys, a small update regarding my issue. Got in touch with Vodafone Spain and this is the email I got.

---

Dear Mr. Cojocaru,
First of all we thank you for using our web services.

Regarding your request we have checked our database and unfortunately the PIN number quoted in your email does not exist on our records. If you are able to obtain any other data (spanish phone number, Blackberry IMEI, Blackberry user name...) we will be able to investigate further for you.

If you have a doubt or need more information please email us back. This service is provided either in English or Spanish.
Best Regards
Vodafone Spain Customer Services

---

I provided them the info they asked for and I'm looking forward for the next reply, but still, if they couldn't find my PIN registered in their network, doesn't mean its a dead end?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Maybe...but let's see how they respond with the additional details (I assume you sent them your IMEI).

If it indeed turns out that Spain has fully released the BB from their system, then you go back to Orange Romania and press harder...get them to confirm that your BB is properly and fully registered to their BIS system, and request they escalate to RIM for enhanced support if they cannot get it working.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I've been thinking about this a little more...what you really want to hear from Spain is something like this:

• We fully released your BlackBerry (PIN, IMEI, etc.) from all of our systems on yyyy/mm/dd. Consequently, there is nothing in our systems that would now prevent your BB from full functionality on another carriers systems.

With that, you can then go to Orange Romania and they would then have that additional firm information for the escalation into RIM.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
DanMoody

Just to make it clear, "escalation" means "forwarding"...(issue to RIM)?

My english isn't perfect. I'm doin my best tho. :smileyhappy:

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

HI DanMoody,

Yes DanMoody you are Right .

Take Care.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
DanMoody

After Vodafone Spain requested additional info, they didn't replied back. Looks like I'm **bleep**ed. ^.^

Could aswell throw it to the bin or just buy a new one to use it while I'm in Romania and keep the other one for the time I'm in Spain. Nice.