Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8530, smartphone
My Carrier: Verizon

Video Media player error... ; ( .

Just upgraded from 8330,  and switched from Altell to Verizon. So far I'm not liking it. I try to view a video and I get "! An error has occurred attempting to play media" OR- ' Uncaught exception: The player is closed. " And even though I put my media card in my new phone I can't view my list. I Love my BlackBerries had one since the, but this is stressing me out. Something gotta be goofy. I've tried everything I can think of.  Help.....

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Video Media player error... ; ( .

Hello ken69,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

To do this we would need to back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Please open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and connect your BlackBerry smartphone. Click on the Backup and Restore button and select Back Up. Please note the location where the backup is being saved as we will need to access it later to restore the BlackBerry smartphone.

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Test before restoring data to the BlackBerry Smartphone

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!