Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: 02

Re: Virgin superhub wifi wont work (wifi is on but not connecting on my 9300)

Virgin broadband help assure  me its the blackberry, got thro to a helpful person who "remote controlled" my computer and changed settings, but still wont work. i am at my wits end. Feel like iv lost the last 7 days of my life tryin 2 get this stupid thing working.

help someone please

how do i contact blackberry support and what does it cost?

as virgin media can put me through to digital home support but it cost £10 per month for 6 months minimum - rip off

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

We will try to help you.  Can you tell us what OS your phone is running?  Here are the steps.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=3984961783AAE7025A157007147DB0EA?...

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Yeah, this happened when I got my Virgin Superhub installed, and it didn't work on my 8520. 

Make sure the password is correct, 

The SSID is correct. 

You may need to contact Virgin Media if it does not work when you tried all of these responses! 

What I also tried is.. Turning off and on the superhub (by the plugs and by the switch on the superhub (blue Virgin Logo)). 

Also try this:

Connections - Wi-fi options - (Right Click) virginmedia........ (Your one) - (Click) edit. 

The Name and SSID should be the same. The pre-shared key should be correct, and make sure that these boxes are ticked: 

--Automatically obtain IP address and DNS-- 

--SSID broadcasted-- 

Do not tick: 

--Allow inter-access point handover-- 

Hope this helps :smileyvery-happy: 

-Lewis

Whenever I see that red light... I think God, another annoying BC...
:smileyvery-happy:
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

have you got windows 7 PC. open network connections in the task bar, open the router (you sould have a card with password to access the router the logon name will be Admin or Administrator) when in the router setting go to the WIFI section and in there it will have a list of devices connected, if your blackberry is there then at least you'll Know its the phone with the issue and not the router. if its not there then its the router call virgin and dont let them flannel you they should be able to instruct you on how to safely set up the router to allow all connections using WPA2 profile and using a password you set..... DO NOT TURN OFF PASSWORDS ON THE ROUTER , or every tom **bleep** and harriet within 500 yards will use and abuse your connection to the net.....