Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3g 9330
My Carrier: Sprint

Visual Voicemail and vm icon not coming in help please!

Hello---Have been working on this for a few days--Visual Voicmail is not working properly.  I don't get notification of voicemails, and the only way I know if I have a vm is if i call it???  Never had this problem before, and I had the older blackberry curve--I spent and hour and a half on the phone with sprint, and nothing, returned the phone because they told me to, then I bought the same model, vm worked for a day,. then is now doing the same thing!!!! I am so frustrated--I have done wipes, settings, everything, u name it..  PLease help SOS!

I have reset everything possible, and called sprint repeatedly--they said there was some outage--I found that quite funny because the second phone that I have on a second line--no problems there--I think they coulnd't figure it out and don't know what to do----

Thanks in advance

RCJ
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G

Re: Visual Voicemail and vm icon not coming in help please!

I have the exact same problem as megpi below-any solutions?

Hello---Have been working on this for a few days--Visual Voicmail is not working properly.  I don't get notification of voicemails, and the only way I know if I have a vm is if i call it???  Never had this problem before, and I had the older blackberry curve--I spent and hour and a half on the phone with sprint, and nothing, returned the phone because they told me to, then I bought the same model, vm worked for a day,. then is now doing the same thing!!!! I am so frustrated--I have done wipes, settings, everything, u name it..  PLease help SOS!

I have reset everything possible, and called sprint repeatedly--they said there was some outage--I found that quite funny because the second phone that I have on a second line--no problems there--I think they coulnd't figure it out and don't know what to do----

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 9330

Me too, same problem.  When I first got the phone there were red asterisks on the icons on the screen so I knew when something new came in.  Now there is nothing, and I can't figure out how/where to change this.  Help!

My Device: some crappy curve

Just spoke with a RIM tech support rep and apparently there's some information he has that Sprint turned off voicemail notification to 'improve the user experience'.

Your guess is as good as mine. I asked him why they didn't remove the screen to reduce eye strain or get rid of the buttons to lessen the risk of carpal tunnel. He didn't get the sarcasm and told me that the phone required a screen and buttons to function properly.

My point exactly.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9330

I am having the same issue.  I have 6 users experiencing this issue, all on the same account.  The BB 8330's are fine.  The BB 9330's with Visual Voicemail are not getting the indicator.  My dedicated rep stated he exhausted all of the steps he could take and referred me to 800-927-2199 option 2.  I will post back if I get anywhere.  As a work around, I have set up Google Voice on this phone.  The first day I used the phone with Google Voice it seems as if the indicators were delayed as well.  Today and yesterday seem better.  Perhaps background data not communicating properly is causing the issue or contributing?  I don't know.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: bell

did you finally resolve this as I am having the same problem.  The only way I can get the vm to show is to push reconcile now and then they all appear.  the only notification I get is on my email that there is a missed call.  Love to hear if you were able to solve this.  thanks

My Device: Curve

Same problem-since I updated the software, the visual voicemail cannot pull in messages.  Sometimes it does not notify me I have the message, and sometimes it shows up in my message box where I can listen to it, but I can never access it through visual voicemail.