Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Voice Dialing and Area Codes

Hi There,

Does anyone know how I get voice dialing to allow me to include the area code when I ask it to call a phone number?  It currently only allows me to specify 7 digits instead of 10.  I have set up my area code via the Call Log options and the number of digits for National numbers is set to 10.

If you cannot configure it to allow 10 digits, is there any way to configure it to automatically include a default area code when you specify a phone number by saying the digits?

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Voice Dialing and Area Codes

I should have mentioned that this is for a Blackberry Curve 8310.
Contributor

The best way I have found to manage this on my device is to make sure that you enter in the 10 digit telephone number into the address book.  I do that for all my contacts and I never have an issue with voice dialing.

Hope this helps

Rob

New Contributor

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your input.  I actually do exactly the same thing as you described.  However, my question was more for those instances when you don't currently have an entry in your Blackberry for the number you want to call using voice dialing and have to specify the number by saying the digits that comprise the desired phone number.

Thanks.