Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

kaisg
My Device: Not Specified

Voice Dialling

I can not get the voice dialling function to work in spite of trying all the trouble shooting info.  Neither the screen icon or the left convenience key give any reponse. 
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sugrat
My Device: Verizon 8330

Re: Voice Dialling

kaisg wrote:
I can not get the voice dialling function to work in spite of trying all the trouble shooting info.  Neither the screen icon or the left convenience key give any reponse. 

When you say 'give any repsonse' do you mean it doesn't open at all? or that it does open but after it says 'say a command' nothing happens?

If the second is happening, I would recommend that you try a reinstall of the OS - I would recommend a backup before doing it.

- Establish a cable connection to your BlackBerry handheld
- Using the Desktop Manager's Application Loader wizard, reinstall all your applications
- At the final screen of the wizard, entitled "Completing the Application Loader Wizard", press the "Advanced..." button located near the lower right
- Check "Erase all currently installed applications" and select Next to continue
- Leave the automatic data backup option as default, select Next to continue
- Press Finish to initiate the OS reinstall

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
kaisg

Hi,

nothing happens at all!  I dont even get to the "say a command" stage

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jemitche

I found that I had this problem when I had a lot of contacts in the address book (several thousand).  I have reduced this number to just over 100 contacts and voice dialing is fine now
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nerd2the3rd

being a sceptical peson after experiencing Voice Recognition Programs in the past, I have not attempted to use the voice command option on my 8330 yet. 

Can you give me a thumbs up or down regarding the accuracy of recognition in the modes you have used it?  Different environments such as driving and using headset, or speakerphone, how proximal to the phone do you have to be for it to understand you? 

I like to avoid certain frustrations in life and Voice Recognition is one of those technologies I walked away from a few years ago.  I am willing t give it a go once I am convinced it has improved. 

Thx for your input

Please use plain text.
Margot21

My experience has been awful...it has yet to recogize one name I have very clearly said. Coming from the Motorola Razr, where you pre-record voice tags and it always works, I am extremely frustrated. I've been searching for a voice dialing app that will work on the Curve, with a Bluetooth headset, that will allow me to record voice tags and have had no luck.

I used voice dialing all the time--I can't believe that a 4 yr old phone has better technology in this area than my new blackberry... 

Please use plain text.
Karyah
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: RIM

I have the same problem also. My voice dialling used to function really well before but now, when I click voice dialling, it just prompts me with "initializing..." then the command never appears anymore. And because of this, my full charged battery quickly drains in just 2-3 hors only which is really my problem. My battery usually heats up too much as well.

Please use plain text.