Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Voice Notes length

OK, two of us in our office have the same Blackberry and have two different lengths that Voice Recorder will record. Me 30 seconds, him 90 seconds. His OS system seems to be a slightly later one, ironically. Anyone know anything about this? We are trying to use it for our coaches to record quick sound bytes on the road for our Web site. (They have varying lengths, as well.)

UNCG Athletics

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Voice Notes length

Welcome to the forums :smileyhappy:

As far as I know, there isn't a predetermined length for voice notes. You should be able to record as long as you have free memory available. Do you have a media card in your phone? I would recommend it since you will run out of memory on the phone pretty quick and it will restrict recordings.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)

That's just it... none of us do as state-issued phones. But some are 30 seconds and some are 1:30. If we can do 1:30, we can do what we want to do. Don't need more for what we are doing.

Forums Advisor III

Perhaps upgrading your OS should fix it. What OS are you running? Options>About, 3rd line down
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved

I am on 4.5.0.77 (platform 3.2.0.51)

Ironically, my asst is somewhere in the 4.3 range.

Adds to my confusion. :-)

Forums Advisor III

There are a few things I can suggest:

1. Compare your "file free" numbers in Options>Status

The lower the amount of memory you have available, the less the recording time you should be able to use with the voice recorder

2. I suspect you are using BES since this is a "state issued phone", right?

Check with your IT department, they have absolute control over your phone's capabilities and this may be why you are limited to different times.

Kijana
Please remember to: