Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve
Accepted Solution

Voice Recorder on OS 4.5

I sent myself a voice message and the attachment won't open up unless I download Real Player. I don't care to have that application on my pc because it seems to come with tons of spyware and adware with it. Will this program not reconize Windows or other file exts? Real Player also has this annoying pop up and is hellbound to give me updates on Brittney Spears and junk that I hate anyway. I could really use this recorder. HELP Please!
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Voice Recorder on OS 4.5

You can also use Apple Quicktime to listen to the voicenotes. Still get some spammish stuff but not as bad as Real Player.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what is the format of the file exactly ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve

The file ext. is .amr I don't know if it will reconize any others but I down loaded QuickTime and it worked fine. Yeah Thanks mr. d  Fisher.

ttyl,Steve

mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

okay so I looked on he web. AMR is a codec for compression audio. It is dedicated for voice recordings. It is "adaptative multi rate" and when compressed, takes very little space.

On free common media players, Real Media Player and Apple Quick Time can both read AMR files.
If you want to listen to these files with something else (winamp, Windows Media Player, or your mp3 player), there is a converter to convert AMR to WAVE (WAVE is what is on audio CDs) :
MobileAMRconverter http://www.miksoft.net/mobileAMRconverter.htm

and then you can convert the WAV to MP3 with any tool as usual.

HTH.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: