Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
marke1102
My Device: Not Specified

Voice dialing only works from Icon

I can no longer make a hands free call Using my Plantronics 610, It worked for a while but now will not work. I called Plantronics and they sent me a brand new unit and I get the same results, the Voice applications starts up then immediatley closes (crashes). If I use the side button or the voice Icon it works but that defeats the hands free option. I have noticed on other forums on the Internet that this does seem to be a Blackberry problem. I have tried hard reboots to no success. It does seem to work with my Old Motrola BT headset, so what is the issue with Plantronics?

Anyone have any ideas? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marke1102

Re: Voice dialing only works from Icon

[ Edited ]

Bump...

Nobody else having handsfree issues voice dialing with the curve?

Message Edited by marke1102 on 12-05-2008 03:06 PM
Message Edited by marke1102 on 12-05-2008 03:07 PM
Message Edited by marke1102 on 12-05-2008 06:13 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
reblen

I have no idea how to turn on voice dialing!

I am new to the 8310 . . . I do not have the voice dial application on my home screen.  How do I get it?  What am I missing??

I am running 4.2.2 software

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marke1102

I have an 8330 from Verizon, on the main screen there is an icon of a girl/boy?? that is the voice dialing icon.

My problem has not been resolved as I still have to initiate the voice dialing using the button and I also have a program called VLINGO that has some excellent voice features, but again I still have to initiate the call with a button instead of hands free from the bluetooth device.

Please use plain text.
ttalmon

[ Edited ]
I have a curve 8300 and I recently upgraded my OS to v4.5 and when I did that I can no longer initiate voice dialing from my wired headset.  It works fine from my bluetooth, but not the wired headset that I use most often.  I can only start voice dialing by clicking on the icon now (not the sfaest while driving).  Anyone with any ideas?
Message Edited by ttalmon on 04-03-2009 04:49 PM
Please use plain text.