Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
rammell
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Voicemail icon won't go

When a voicemail is left, the voicemail icon appears on my handset. However, once I've listened to the message, the icon does not disappear. I've tried taking out the battery, changing themes and various other solutions that people have suggested on this forum but nothing seems to work. My telecom provider has sent a "fix" which gets rid of the icon but every time I get a voicemail, the problem happens again. They are suggesting I replace the handset but I really don't want the hassle of setting up a new phone if anyone knows of a proper fix. Thanks.

Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Voicemail icon won't go

It is a software glitch....

Sorry to say the only way is to re-install the software on the device.  I have one missed call and was only able to get rid of it by re-installing.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Rammel and welcome to the forums!

Try this:

Options - security - firewall - menu key (spotted key) reset all counts.

Pull battery while the phone is on leave out for about 30 minutes replace. Let the phone completely reboot.

See if the icon goes away.

If the condition happens again that I agree with Jrdante and wipe the phone. Make sure you have a backup from BEFORE this condition occurred, otherwise you could be restoring the problem.

Let me know if it works, or if you need and further assistance!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

One process that I tried and it worked was to:

1. Call your cell phone from any other phone and leave a message.

2. Allow your device to recognize that is has another message by waiting for the voicemail counter to go up by one digit.

3. Login to your voicemail from your cell phone and listen to the message.

4. Delete this message.

5. Press the * key on your device to back to the previous or main menu (* on Verizon system, whichever key it is for your carrier).

This process worked for me the other day.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor
rammell
My Device: Not Specified

I tried the remove battery routine without success. I then contacted T-Mobile to try to find out when OS 4.5 was coming with the rationale that if it was imminent, I'd put up with a floating voicemail icon and then do a software reinstall to v4.5. T-Mobile (UK) can't say when v4.5 is coming!!

In the meantime, I got a new voicemail message. As jrdante correctly stated, once I'd deleted the voicemail message from my cellphone, my floating icon disappeared. Hey presto!

Thanks guys.

Eldin Rammell.

zubatamasukipa
My Device: torch 9810

i have the same problem.

i able to fix it.

i call my self with my own number, then there will be a new voicemail notification , and  u have to open the message, and it will gone..

New Contributor
BoringUsername
My Device: 8520

I tried your advice but there weren't any counts to re-set. :No:

Spose I'll have to re-set it completely then, unless there are some new updates/advice re this handset? 8520