Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: WAV attachments. Is there an application that would allow me to hear them?

as far as I know, attachments like that are stored in the internal memory of the Blackberry, in the attachments database.

What you can rather do is listen to the file, then from the Media Player, save it in your memory card. A two step action, but still really fast.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
kensails
My Device: Not Specified

I have version 4.3 on my Curve. I just purchased it two weeks ago.  But I cannot play the WAV files that my work Unified Messaging system emails to my outlook.  I don't even get the option of opening the attachment. 

I can open an occational attachment but only if it is a word file and only if there isn't another attachment on the same email.  

I will check the work Unified Messaging system to see if MP3's are an option.  I doubt it.  

Kensails

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Xandrex wrote:

Bifocals wrote:

If the .wav files are an attachement, you got the bomb!!

If this answers your question please take a minute and resolve the post, Thanks!

Absolutely not. It you have a handheld device software that is 4.2 or older, you cannot open a wav attachment in a message. The crazy paradox is that :
  • you can listen to a wave file from the blackberry Browser
  • you can listen to a wave file on your Memory card
  • you can listen to a wave file that is contained in a zip that is attached to a mail
  • you can't listen to a wave file that is attached to a mail
  • you can't save a wave file that is attached to a mail

Since July 16th, the iPhone can listen to wav attachment. They did that in 10 months (since the iPhone 1).
Bifocals, can you tell us if you can listen to a wav attachment on your OS 4.3 ?

Okay now, I don't know why, but with my Curve (OS 4.2.2), I can listen to wav attachment.
=> there must be something in your configuration that prevents you to do so. Maybe you can check the firewall options, ormaybe you can ask your BES admins in any.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.