Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mc_selvendran
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Idea

Want to Remove Keypad lock

Hi,

I haven't given any password before to lock keypad. But 2 to 3 days before mobile is asking for a new password so I have set the password for that. Now in 15mins time my mobile is locked with password and I don't want that. While keypad is locked I cant able to see the name of the call. So I want to remove this option in settings but unfortunately I don't have that option in that setting. I cant able to remove that tick button to disable that one. So please give a proper solution to get rid of it.....

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Want to Remove Keypad lock

Hello,

On the screen for managing your device lock password, what do you see there? Is there a "padlock" icon near that, preventing you from disabling the device lock password? If so, that's normally the result of one of two things:

1) You have enabled Content Protection or Encryption, which requires a device lock password so as to function

2) Your BB is connected to a BES environment, and your BES admin has enforced a requirement for a device lock password

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mc_selvendran
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Idea

Thanks for the solution.... I think my BES admin has enforced that.... But now when my device is locked I cant able to see who is calling me instead I'm getting only no's with that I cant able to identify who is calling me... So please tell me how to solve this problem....
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

It sounds like perhaps they also enforced this:

• KB25711 Caller ID displays only the phone number and not the contact name for incoming phone calls

Keep in mind that, for the best security, not displaying your contact entry information for the incoming call would actually be more secure. Consider -- if you lose your BB, your data is protected by virtue of the device lock password. To display the contact item information for an incoming call while the device is locked would seem, to me, to violate that security intent.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.