Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Alikzir
My Device: Curve 9360

Want to update OS from 7.0 to 7.1 for Curve 9360

I have a curve 9360 which i got from india and I'm currently in UAE. I tried to update the OS from desktop manager but it doesn't show any updates though my OS is 7.0. Is there anyway to make the desktop software to detect the update?

If not then i will be trying to update it from apploader but I have a confusion.

I want to know that I got the blackberry from india, and it must have an OS for the carriers of india. So can I install the OS which is offered by the carriers of UAE on the RIM website? Will it have any effect or harm?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Want to update OS from 7.0 to 7.1 for Curve 9360

Hi Alikzir

Welcome to the Community

If you want to Update your Device Software to 7.1 yes you can do that ,You are not limited to your own Carrier but you can Download any OS packages from UAE or any other ,It will not harm your device .But always note that after downloading and Installing any OS packages in your PC or Lapyop you may have to delete two Vendor .xml Files,for that On you Pc or Laptop :

Go to C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

Let us know if you have any problem.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Alikzir

You have mentioned 'Two' vendor.xml files. Whereas I can only see one. Even after deleting that file and starting the loader. I don't get the OS in the list of applications to install. Though I have already installed the .exe file from RIm on the laptop.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Alikzir

Do you have any previously Installed OS on your Laptop if yes Uninstall it and also On your Laptop Go to my computer - Folder Option -View -  Click on Show  Hidden Files ,Folders and Drives. Then again search if any Vendor .xml file is there.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Haibrid

Hi, im trying to update my Curve 9360 from 7.0 to 7.1, the problem im having is, it gets stuck on "Backup: 4 of 15", What is causing it? Help

Thanx!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Haibrid wrote : 

Hi, im trying to update my Curve 9360 from 7.0 to 7.1, the problem im having is, it gets stuck on "Backup: 4 of 15", What is causing it?

Hi Haibrid 

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

How  you are updating your device ? Are you doing manual update using Loader .exe as mentioned above or Over the Air Update on your device or using BlackBerry Desktop Software?

Generally Backup Struck at Social Feed or Smartcard database during Update ,If you don't haver a backup of your device then use selective or custom backup of your device data using BlackBerry Desktop Software  :

KB12487 :  How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows.

KB29522 "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Haibrid

I use Desktop Software, but now i get it, Thanx

:Sweatdrop:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Haibrid wrote : 

I use Desktop Software, but now i get it, Thanx

Hi  Haibrid 

Its nice that your problem has been resolved :smileyhappy:

Prince

Please use plain text.
porcupillar
My Device: 9360

I cant seem to update my bb 9360 from os 7.0 bundle 1555 to 7.1 even with the desktop software. I went under device --> update and it said there was no available updates but below there were options like "view other versions", "OK" and  "cancel" i clicked view other options and there were the 7.1 bundle updates but when i clicked on them and clicked install, it said "This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.

Can someone pls help? 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

porcupillar wrote:

I cant seem to update my bb 9360 from os 7.0 bundle 1555 to 7.1 even with the desktop software. I went under device --> update and it said there was no available updates but below there were options like "view other versions", "OK" and  "cancel" i clicked view other options and there were the 7.1 bundle updates but when i clicked on them and clicked install, it said "This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.

Hello porcupillar

Welcome to Support Forums

The error message indicates that you don't have BIS in you account ! 

You should  try a manual update , it might allow you to do so . But please note after downloading the device software you have to disconnect any Internet connection and cables from the PC that you'll use . Also try to reinstall the desktop Software  and you have to delete a few VENDOR . XML files Or else it may not allow . Try those steps to update you device software :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

After Step 3 you have to disconnect your Internet connection from your PC .  Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop Software.

Please use plain text.