Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jessicanwilliams
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

Water damage to my Curve 9320

The night before last I managed to pour a can of cider onto my phone. I didn't realise immediately but when I did, I dried it off as well as I could. It turned back on, but some of the keys wouldn't work. I didn't think this would be a big problem because it's happened before and I have coped fine without use of every key. Then I dropped my phone and it turned itself back off. I've kept it in rice and tried drying it out several times but I've had no luck. I took it out of the rice once, put the battery back in and the red light came on for a while but it wouldn't start up, and I had no sim card in it so it wouldn't do anything unless I took the battery out, so I did and it won't turn back on again. I don't know how else I can start it up. I have a spare phone but I'm currently waiting on a new battery for that because the one I have broke, so I can't use it. Help?!?!?!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Water damage to my Curve 9320

Plain and simple, if you got moisture damage in your phone and now it won't turn back on after being in rice (for at least four days, I hope), your phone is toast; no use trying to revive something that's dead.

You did the right thing by putting your components in rice but that's really all you can do. If your phone is not responding after that, it's time to move on to your spare phone once the battery arrives. 

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
jessicanwilliams
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

Haha thanks :smileyhappy: 

Contributor
blacksnake
My Device: Curve 8520 - 9300/20 - Torch - Bold - Galaxy S4 mini and FRANK-EN-PHONE!!!

You could always try a different battery in your BB as a last gasp before you banish it to the depths of your "Man Draw"... :No: 

BillJ is probably right about it's almost certain demise, but it's worth a shot. Oh and maybe consider wiping the butter off your fingers! :Tt2:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Olny two tihgns mtater wehn cmospnoig a BBm mssaege.... as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteres of a wrod are in the rghit pacle, the biarn wlil siltl rcoeginse the wrod... So mcuh for seplclhcek!!!"