Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330 Verizon
Accepted Solution

Weird Icon

I have a weird icon that appears when I make a phone call.  It appears in the upper right corner next to the volume.  It is a rectanular box with stars going diagnoly thru it black in the top section and blue in the bottom.  This does not appear if I am using my bluetooth. I get it both on incoming and outgoing calls.  What is this weird thing??? Smiley Indifferent
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Weird Icon

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

That is for the Weird  Application on your phone  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  (sorry couldn't resist)

I believe that indicator is to tell you that your earpiece on the device is active.  When you switch to speakerphone (alt+$), is disappears and the speakerphone icon appears in the upper left hand corner.

Hope this info helps.

Please resolve the post using the green option under the kudo's star, Place the green check in the post that answered your question,

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-04-2008 01:35 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330 Verizon

Yeah it kinda helps.  It makes sense but my earpiece isn't turned on and is at home and it still does it.  Do you mean active as it is stored in my bb as a active bluetooth that is ready to use?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

It means using somethig other than the speaker phone, wether the handset or the bluetooth. (limied space on scree for too many Icons Smiley Happy

If you need more information please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the green option under the kudo's star, Place the green check in the post that answered your question,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

Mine is doing the same thing, and it only started a day or two ago. It's sort of annoying, because I'm a minimalist and don't like anything to be shown on my screen unless I absolutely need it. So how do I get it taken off? I don't use an earpiece or anything like that, and I can't understand why it's starting doing this.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Alexis wrote:
Mine is doing the same thing, and it only started a day or two ago. It's sort of annoying, because I'm a minimalist and don't like anything to be shown on my screen unless I absolutely need it. So how do I get it taken off? I don't use an earpiece or anything like that, and I can't understand why it's starting doing this.

Check out this post to see if you have an enhance audio option: http://supportforums.blackberry.com./rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&message.id=2353

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

While on a call:  menu key (left of trackball)  > enhance call audio > make your selection.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.