Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

What does THAT icon mean?

Hi,

I own a Blackberry 8330. I sent a text message today, and the icon next to it was the check mark, but had a black 'D' next to it. I have never seen that before. What does this mean!? Was the text not sent? 

Thanks for the help!

Lyd067 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: What does THAT icon mean?

The D means "delivered" which I normally see on emails. You are the second person tonight to bring this up. Apparently it just started happening for some people. I can't explain it. It doesn't happen to me. Maybe it is some sort of automatic update that took effect when you synched your BB to your PC, if that's possible.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I think it changes from D for delivered to R for read. Just my guess.

The "D" is due to the delivery report being on.  On my 8320, I go to Options, SMS text, delivery report "on" and when a message is sent the checkmark with the little D shows that it was delivered. 

Thanks for the info, as the icon glossary for my storm does not explain the "D" with the check mark. But my question is about the random nature of the "D" appearing. It only appears on rarely on a few sent text messages, and when I know the message has been read by the recipient, the "D" does not turn into an "R". Why does this happen with some messages and not others? Pleas help!

New Contributor

The "D" seems to appear for me when I have their e-mail address entered in my address book.  However, the documentation says it appears when you send a PIN message which can be sent between blackberry devices, but I never specifically send a PIN message so I'm going with my first answer.  Smiley Surprised