Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
alf1203
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

What does reconciling do?

I have tried to read various posts regarding this, but nothing really answered my question.  I have my Hotmail, and student e-mail on the Blackberry.  When I reconcile while in the e-mail folder, nothing happens.  Isn't the point of reconciling supposed to make the Blackberry mirror the Hotmail inbox, and vice versa?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: What does reconciling do?

You are under BIS or BES ?

BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service = email service provided by the respective carrier; T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, etc, etc...

BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server = email service provided by a server ran by a company. For example by your employer...

You need BES to do it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikegav
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500

But what about using IMAP email?  I'm currently running outlook 2007 and having the same problem.  I'm a new BB user and prior to this I had a palm treo 700 where things were reconciled if you were able to have an IMAP account.

Advise?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Here is an article on the reconciliation features of various email providers.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05133&sliceId=SAL_Pub...
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
togden

Can anyone explain why BB treats Gmail and Google Apps hosted email addresses differently than IMAP addresses? They are IMAP enabled and reconciling deletes and reads is about the most basic of IMAP functionality.

Why a technically advanced system like BB can't just use IMAP for these accounts is baffling. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Hi. I cannot understand it too. I miss the standard IMAP functionality and folders work on my BlackBeryy too. Really not good for Blackberyy, hope, they will do something with this.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chadleycb

You are ABSOLUTELY right.  IMAP is a great technology and well outlined as so by the Google team. Gmail runs great on the iPhone because Apple understands the great advantages.  It is imperical that BB get this fully supported.

Here is an overview from the Gmail site : http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75725

IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WITH RIM, EMPHASIZE THIS IS A DEMANDED FEATURE!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP

This advice from RIM and Google is for nothing, it doesnt solve the problem with missing IMAP folder support on BlackBerry. But I solved it on other way. I use Gmail with the special Gmail application for mobile phones. It works quit good, but only with Gmail. More see here http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chadleycb

I also have found Gmail app to be useful.  The reason I want BB to support IMAP on an integrated email account (i.e. not requiring the Gmail app), is because there is a convenience to using the "Messages" app built-in to the BB as it centralizes calls, sms, and email alerts; i find this extremely useful.  And i tend NOT to miss anything when I use this central "dashboard" type application.  Lets get RIM to support RECONCILE/IMAP and make everything like sunshine!

I should mention to all the users here that I am testing BB for the first time ever, for 30 days on Verizon Wireless, to see if I want to keep it or switch to AT&T for the iPhone.  Besides this issue, there is only one other thing which annoys me on BB.  Macintosh synchronization using PocketMac is VERY limited, when it works at all.  I am having unbelievable difficulty getting anything to sync right on the Mac, but I won't bore you with that on this post.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP

[ Edited ]

I have the same opinion...3rd party solutions have to be eliminated and only the built in functionalities should be used, only this can run forever without problems.

I like the Curve 8900 very much, but this IMAP things makes me crazy :smileysad: I used mostly Windows Mobile phones and have never problems like this. Hope, RIM will do something very soon, because I know a lot of people they dont take BlackBerry only because of the IMAP problem.

Message Edited by RobertP on 03-16-2009 01:55 PM
Please use plain text.