Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

What does the "recurrent" task feature do??? And how can I alarm it??

Hi,

I want a *task* in my blackberry to alarm each and every day for the next year?

How can I do this?

If this cannot be accomplished, then what is the actual purpose of having the "recurrence" section on the task???

Thanks,

Juggernaut

Regular Contributor

Re: What does the "recurrent" task feature do??? And how can I alarm it??

i just checked out the options in my BB curve 8330, and Tasks i dont think has a yearly thing, but the Calender dose

Perhaps check that out? you can set a yearly reminder there 

Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

However, I am not looking for a yearly reminder - I am looking for a daily reminder (but want to be reminded every day for a year), so the calendar program is not an appropriate option.

Again, in the "task" section, if the "recurrent" feature does not allow a recurrent alarm...then what the heck is the recurrent task option even for?

Thanks,

Juggernaut

Juggernaut -- I want exactly what you want.  I've discovered that the "recurrence" feature actually refers to the recurrence of the task itself, not to a recurrence of the "reminder".

Can anybody tell me how to receive a daily reminder for a task I've set with a due date of 90 days out?  And without setting a recurring appt. in the Calendar function?  But instead, within the Task function, where I can receive 90 reminders -- one each day at a particular time -- up until the due date.  

HELP!!!