Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300

What happened to my ringtones?

Blackberry Desktop Manager recently asked me to update my device software. I did. Now, my old ringtones are gone. I mean the ringtones that came with the phone, preinstalled. I'm guessing the new os version has new ringtones? But, I actually preferred the old ones.

What can I do to get the old ringtones back? I've tried restoring the backup I did before updating, but that didn't include the ringtones, I'm guessing.

Any help?

Blackberry Curve 3G.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: What happened to my ringtones?

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300

Awesome!!!

Thanks a lot, Nate! Amazing! It's just what I wanted. Now I have my old ringtones back.

Cheers,

My Device: 9330 Curve
My Carrier: sprint

k.....call me illiterate in the blackberry world - I don't care - I just need help!  I was having problems with my phone - took it in to sprint customer service - they said that I was behind an update and that if I downloaded it, it would help.  Come to find out - this update actually was a downgrade since they took away all my ringtones.  I found this reply to the question of how to get the ringtones back, but I need help in understanding exactly how to add this back onto my phone.  Can anyone walk me thru the steps?  I would greatly appreciate it!