Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
JimL
My Device: Not Specified

Blue folder with red star ICON under the Date/Time is indicator of BB Mssngr Msg

Bifocals and others: 

I spent too many hours fishing through the BB101 over and over, plus all of the documentation.  Today I dropped by my Verizon store and they told me in about 3 minutes that the icon represented an unread BB Messenger notification.  (I open it up and all it gives me is a set of characters and says "Pending."  I still don't know what it is, but I don't really care, since I don't plan on using the service.  At least I )

Thanks for the tips everyone.  While I didn't solve this issue immediately, I learned a variety of other things while culling through masses of documentation.

JimL

Please use plain text.
Contributor
spearsonjr
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: What is blue folder with red star ICON under the Date/Time?

Thank you so much. I had the same notification that I didn't recognize (on my BB 8330) but when you mentioned Facebook, I suddenly realized that that's exactly what the icon was. When I went into the Facebook and read the new message (which I didn't even realize was even there) the notification icon went bye-bye.

Thanks!

PeariBoy
Please use plain text.
gwhiteside
My Device: Curve 8300

Re: Blue folder with red star ICON under the Date/Time is indicator of BB Mssngr Msg

After spending 30 min on the phone with RIM support. The only solution they could come up with was to initialize and re-activate the phone and hope the icon didn't come bace. All I wanted to know was what the icon ment. Not blow the thing away re-install and hope the icon goes away.

Please use plain text.