Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
NeoWyzard
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

What is the max size MicroSD card that can be used in an 8310?

I've browsed the posts and don't see this asked or answered.  What is the max size MicroSD card that can be used in an 8310?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: What is the max size MicroSD card that can be used in an 8310?

Depending on what OS your BlackBerry is tells you what size microSD card you can buy. You can check under Options | About (will be listed as v4.xx.xxx). Look at the chart at the following link to see what size you can obtain - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05461
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Its good to know that RIM is increasing media card size. However if the users could install the applications in media card then device space could be saved. This particularly essential for all the device till the release of BOLD. I wish this would come true some day.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

tanzim wrote:
Its good to know that RIM is increasing media card size. However if the users could install the applications in media card then device space could be saved. This particularly essential for all the device till the release of BOLD. I wish this would come true some day.

there is an application tha does that : you store the application installer on the media card.
when you need to use it, you just load the application in the device internal memory, and launch it from there.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of that application. I know, I totally suck.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

I believe it is called Aerize. But I don't think it is free.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

indeed LorrieM.
Here is some more information about that :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDeviceSoftware&message.id=2...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.