Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

What's wrong with my phone? It keeps on restarting

Whats wrong with phone? I actually accidentally dropped it and after that it started to restart and restart again. Plus the censor is not working too. The censor only works when I'm on my bbm and it won't work when It's at home screen. Besides, whenever this happens, my hang phone button won't be working when other buttons are functioning well. I guess it's my keypad problem. Anyone has a better idea of what's happenings?
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: What's wrong with my phone? It keeps on restarting

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, I'd deduce that the fall caused some physical damage inside the unit. No amount of internet diagnostics or recommendations can help that situation -- only in-hand evaluation by a qualified technician can give you a proper evaluation and repair estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Can I use my warranty to fix this? I just bought my phone 4 months ago. And if I can't use my warranty will it cost me a lot?
Hall of Famer II

I have no idea what your warranty terms are...that's a contract between you and the seller of the device. BlackBerry extends certain warranty coverage through the resellers, but the resellers are free to do different things...so you must check your specific warranty coverage documents. Further, when they evaluate it, if they find signs of the physical damage and/or the fall, they may well deem your warranty as void. But, again, I have no way to know what they will find and decide when they evaluate it.

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Well I still got 2years warranty. It's such a waste. Thanks btw
Hall of Famer II

Well, yes...but do understand that warranty covers defects and such...not damage. Damage would require insurance coverage, not warranty.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates