Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jigars_1601
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

When I click on address book, I try to select "New Contact:" and nothing happens

When I click on address book, I try to select "New Contact:" and nothing happens.

I have also tried another way - i have a call from someone and I selected "copy xxxxxxxxxx" (x = the phone #) and then go to the address book and select "new contact" - again nothing.

I have also gone to the call, and select "add to contacts" from the menu and nothing happens.

When I am in the address book and select a contact, then select "edit" from the menu - nothing happens
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Esperoni
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: When I click on address book, I try to select "New Contact:" and nothing happens

Have you tried pulling your battery from your device while the power is still on. Waiting about 15-30 seconds and then replacing the battery?
Please use plain text.
Tony_BBKing
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: When I click on address book, I try to select "New Contact:" and nothing happens

I Have the same problem as him; rebooted the phone, but nothing different; anyone know what it is? Tried adding contacts through Whatsapp, the main call menu, and the contacts, but nothing works! HELP!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jigars_1601

Yes I do but not solve
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Esperoni

I am not sure. I am adding and editing contacts on my 8520 as I type. No issues here. Have you guys installed any new apps lately?
Please use plain text.
Tony_BBKing
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Installed a app called Zello; deleted it also but it's not that :/ 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marvsegura
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I have the same problem after downloading CrunchSMS. I removed it, but still the problem occurs. Help.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Esperoni

I have crunch installed as well, and no issues with my contacts. Weird problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marvsegura
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Yeah, weird. I am just about to add a new contact in my address book, then after clicking "add new" nothing happens. Same if I edit a new contact, nothing happens.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jigars_1601

Problem solved after deleting Yahoo Messenger which I updated today.
Please use plain text.