Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

While charging my new 9320 it keeps rebooting every few minutes

I upgraded to a BB Curve 9320.  Today it is charging for the first time, but while charging it keeps rebooting, not continually but every few minutes.  I already connected it to my computer which has Windows 7, to the Blackberry software and synced it with Contacts etc, but it is still rebooting.  Anyone know what's wrong?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: While charging my new 9320 it keeps rebooting every few minutes

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

So, it only does this while charging, and only while charging on the wall charger? What about just charging to the PC? Or to a car charger? What about different wall/car chargers than those you already have?

In any event it is possible that your battery may be defective...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply.  Actually it did it while on the computer and then on a normal charger and now that it's fully charged it's still doing it.  So I presume and hope that it's just the battery.  Very frustrating when you've just bought it!

Hall of Famer II

If you bought it at a local shop, you should be heading to them ASAP for a replacement (or at least the test I mentioned above).

I do understand the frustration...but, while unlucky, it's always expected that, with devices designed and built by humans, there will be some rate of defect greater than zero.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates

So does the continual rebooting just sound like the battery or the phone itself?  I'm guessing the battery.

Hall of Famer II

Honestly, from this internet distance, it could be either...hence, the specific test sequence I asked you to carry out...that will tell us which it is, and then we can proceed accordingly. Without the result of that test, we would be truly just giving it a WAG...not even a SWAG.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates

Finally... today I brought the BB back to the Vodafone store.  Even though I only bought it yesterday they told me they had to send it away to have the fault confirmed which would take 4-5 days.  They couldn't give me a replacement phone, or a refund, or a temporary phone and I had to fight with them to get my last BB back, which I traded in yesterday.  So much for after sales service.  I won't be buying from them again.  Thanks for your help anyway.

Hall of Famer II

Each buyer enters into a contract when they purchase, and that includes specific provisions for warranty activities. Sadly, it sounds like your contract is one of the weakest in that regard.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: virgnmedia

bb 9320 keep rebooting

im gt da rebooting problem it always happens nd im gettin annoyed i think all the bb 9320 gt da problem