Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
gregz
My Device: bb 8520

White screen

Hello. i resently replaced my screen on my 8520 due to water damage......but my new one has a white screen as soon as i place it in i gave a white screen. help plz!!!!!!!!!

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: White screen

It's possible that the problem is actually on the motherboard, and not the screen, or you may have replaced the LCD screen, but not the digitizer. Unfortunately, it's impossible to know for certain without looking at the device, but if you didn't replace the digitizer as a part of your repair, I would start looking there.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
gregz

Oh sorry about it was the digitizer which I replaced an it give me a white screen......The thing is even though my old digitierz is damaged it still displays a portion of the blackberry boot up bar but with the new one as soon as I insert the battery it give the red light then white screen

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Its really hard to know what the issue is without looking at the phone. If you can, I'd see if you can find a reasonably priced cellphone repair shop and have them take a look at it. It could just be a bad digitizer (this is more likely if you bought the digitizer from an eBay seller or something like that - see if they will send you another one to try), or it may be something else. Again, there is just no way to know for sure without looking at the device. :smileysad:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
gregz

thanks any way man

Contributor
cochamarco
My Device: BB Bold

try to install OS again cause something wrong in your blackberry software